The best treadmill for walking at home might not necessarily be the one that you find in the gym and since these treadmills are designed for hardcore fitness enthusiasts, you might still find yourself having some pain when you are training. We have decided to find the best treadmill for walking and also show you exactly why these treadmills will be beneficial for you if you do invest in them.Before we simply dive into the top home treadmills for walking, there are also a few things that you will need to understand. This buying guide is what we use to judge the products ensure that every product that we do feature on our list is of extreme quality and will give you the best value for your money. We recommend that you do use the following buying guide as your criterion for selecting your crosswalk treadmill or treadmill for walking.
Key features to consider before buying the best-rated treadmills for walkingWith so many different treadmills available on the market, you will need some sort of measuring stick to ensure that treadmill is perfect for your needs. We have selected the top features that we believe are the most important and will help you get the best value for your money when selecting a treadmill.
- Workout space and available area: Buying a treadmill is not as simple as choosing one and hitting the BUY NOW button. It is also about ensuring that the treadmill will fit in your home and to make sure that you do have enough space available in the home to use the treadmill. If you are limited on space, you might also need to consider investing in a folding treadmill or even a desk treadmill. Desk treadmills are perfect to save space and allow you to workout whilst working at home.
- Surface area: Do you generally walk straight and are you comfortable with walking on a narrow area? This question must also be answered and will dictate the size of the surface of the treadmill that you will be walking on. If the surface area is too small, you might constantly bump into the sides and will need to readjust, which could also potentially spoil the entire workout.
- Durability: Durability is always key and the more durable the treadmill, the better it will be and the longer it will last. If you are looking for the best cheap treadmill for walking, this feature might not be as high on the priority list and you should also note that you might need to have the treadmill fixed or serviced much more often.
- Programs: The amount and the quality of the workout programs are also very important and if you do have a good treadmill, you will have multiple programs that you could choose from and keep you from getting bored as easily as the other treadmills with fewer programs. We also recommend that you check the quality of the treadmill as the more advanced they are, the better results you will have.
- Stat tracking: If you plan on using the treadmill to lose weight, stat tracking will be one of the main features that you will be looking for. Many of the top treadmills can actually also connect to apps like iFit and myfitnesspal, which will make life much easier for you when it comes to checking your progress and how many calories you have expended. A decent heart rate monitor is also a must and will allow you to keep the heart within the fat burning zone during your workout session.
- Assembly process: Having a professional come in and assemble the treadmill for you can sometimes be a drag and will also add to the costs of the treadmill. If you do have a treadmill that can be assembled easily by yourself, you will be saving yourself some extra money. This also means that you might be able to service the treadmill as well and save on the long-term costs.
- Warranty: With electronic training machines, a decent warranty is fundamental and will make life so much easier for you. A good warranty will allow you to train with more confidence, knowing that the product is backed by the manufacturer. Some good warranties will also include the services and this will also save you more money in the long term and ensure that the treadmill is always in a good working condition.
3 Tips for when using a treadmill for walkingWe have decided to share three of our expert tips to help ensure that you do get the best possible use out of your treadmill. These tips are not set in stone as rules, but by following them, you will certainly have a better workout routine and also have a happy treadmill, which will always be in a working condition:
- Wear the right clothing
- Wear the correct shoes
- Keep the treadmill maintained
Best walking treadmills of 2017 reviewed
- Really affordable
- Great warranty included
- Offers digitalized adjustments
- 20 built-in programs
- Self-assembling is quite tough
ProGear HCXL 4000 Ultimate High Capacity Extra Wide Walking and Jogging Electric Treadmill with Heart Pulse SystemThe ProGear HCXL 4000 Ultimate High Capacity Extra Wide treadmill is designed to make walking much more comfortable for you and thanks to its wider tread belt, you will certainly be walking much better, with less chance of accidentally stumbling or hitting the sides. The treadmill is also quite short in terms of the design and this is actually a blessing in disguise since you will be able to place it in almost any room with ease.The treadmill features a 1.5 CHP motor and while this might not be the best on the market, we do like the fact that it is extremely quiet and the running of the entire tread belt is actually quite smooth. The maximum jogging speed on the treadmill is 4 MPH and this should also be enough for those who are more interested in walking.The treadmill features decent stat tracking and you will be able to carefully monitor all of the stats on the treadmill. You will also be able to see the amount of calories you have burned, but unfortunately, the treadmill does not allow you to store these stats and you will need to manually write them down.In terms of pricing, the treadmill is actually quite cheap and will certainly be ideal for anyone looking to get started. The maximum weight limit is 4000lbs and this should also be enough far almost any individual to get started. The treadmill also includes a 5-year motor warranty, but the service and maintenance will be your own problem.Pros:
- Decent durability
- Easy to set up and get started
- Really small and lightweight
- Really cheap
- Lacks professional programs
- Does not keep the stats memorized
- Decent durability
- Can easily be folded up
- Quiet and smooth motor
- Reasonably priced
- Does not store the stats
BUY NOWThe Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is designed to make life easier for you and to help you get off your ass and start working out. The treadmill is currently also very highly rated as one of the best walking treadmills on the market and it features a very small, but still functional design that will help you to save some space and simultaneously enjoy your workout routine.The treadmill is quite light on impact and your knees and joints will not take as much pain when compared to some of the other treadmills. Some extra cushioning has been added and this will be really helpful. This treadmill also features 2 incline positions, but you will have to do this manually. This incline will simulate walking up a slope and help you to burn even more calories in a shorter time span.What sets this budget walking treadmill apart from the others on our list is the fact that it includes 6 personal trainer workout programs. These programs have all been professionally designed and will allow you to get rid of some excess fat in not time. The treadmill can also be folded up and moved if you need to get it out of the way.The pricing on the treadmill is really decent and we would highly recommend it as the best budget treadmill on the list. Thanks to the portability, you will not need to have a ton of space to buy your next treadmill, just ensure that you do buy the Weslo Cadence G 5.9.Pros:
- Good durability
- Includes 6 personal trainer programs
- 2 levels of incline
- Really affordable
- The stat tracking is not as great as you would expect
- Decent durability
- High-quality design
- Technologically advanced system
- Includes 34 workout programs
- Very good warranty
- Really expensive
- Hard to self-assemble