Treadmills can be extremely versatile pieces of equipment and they can be used for running or walking. Having a good budget walking treadmill will greatly decrease the chances of having hurtful legs or sustaining any possible pain when you are busy training. These treadmills will also be great for running thanks to more emphasis being put on giving you the utmost comfort in your workout routine.
Here’s a list of best treadmills for walking which is reviewed in this article:
The best treadmill for walking at home might not necessarily be the one that you find in the gym and since these treadmills are designed for hardcore fitness enthusiasts, you might still find yourself having some pain when you are training. We have decided to find the best treadmill for walking and also show you exactly why these treadmills will be beneficial for you if you do invest in them.
Before we simply dive into the top home treadmills for walking, there are also a few things that you will need to understand. This buying guide is what we use to judge the products ensure that every product that we do feature on our list is of extreme quality and will give you the best value for your money. We recommend that you do use the following buying guide as your criterion for selecting your crosswalk treadmill or treadmill for walking.
Key features to consider before buying the best-rated treadmills for walking
With so many different treadmills available on the market, you will need some sort of measuring stick to ensure that treadmill is perfect for your needs. We have selected the top features that we believe are the most important and will help you get the best value for your money when selecting a treadmill.
- Workout space and available area: Buying a treadmill is not as simple as choosing one and hitting the BUY NOW button. It is also about ensuring that the treadmill will fit in your home and to make sure that you do have enough space available in the home to use the treadmill. If you are limited on space, you might also need to consider investing in a folding treadmill or even a desk treadmill. Desk treadmills are perfect to save space and allow you to workout whilst working at home.
- Surface area: Do you generally walk straight and are you comfortable with walking on a narrow area? This question must also be answered and will dictate the size of the surface of the treadmill that you will be walking on. If the surface area is too small, you might constantly bump into the sides and will need to readjust, which could also potentially spoil the entire workout.
- Durability: Durability is always key and the more durable the treadmill, the better it will be and the longer it will last. If you are looking for the best cheap treadmill for walking, this feature might not be as high on the priority list and you should also note that you might need to have the treadmill fixed or serviced much more often.
- Programs: The amount and the quality of the workout programs are also very important and if you do have a good treadmill, you will have multiple programs that you could choose from and keep you from getting bored as easily as the other treadmills with fewer programs. We also recommend that you check the quality of the treadmill as the more advanced they are, the better results you will have.
- Stat tracking: If you plan on using the treadmill to lose weight, stat tracking will be one of the main features that you will be looking for. Many of the top treadmills can actually also connect to apps like iFit and myfitnesspal, which will make life much easier for you when it comes to checking your progress and how many calories you have expended. A decent heart rate monitor is also a must and will allow you to keep the heart within the fat burning zone during your workout session.
- Assembly process: Having a professional come in and assemble the treadmill for you can sometimes be a drag and will also add to the costs of the treadmill. If you do have a treadmill that can be assembled easily by yourself, you will be saving yourself some extra money. This also means that you might be able to service the treadmill as well and save on the long-term costs.
- Warranty: With electronic training machines, a decent warranty is fundamental and will make life so much easier for you. A good warranty will allow you to train with more confidence, knowing that the product is backed by the manufacturer. Some good warranties will also include the services and this will also save you more money in the long term and ensure that the treadmill is always in a good working condition.
These 7 features are what we consider to be the most important of the lot and the more of them you do have on your treadmill, the better the product will be. It is also worth noting that weight limit is important, but most top treadmills are designed to accommodate the average man easily and will not buckle when used. You should also note that the price will go up with every one of these features and if you are not as serious about working out, you might consider cutting on a few.
3 Tips for when using a treadmill for walking
We have decided to share three of our expert tips to help ensure that you do get the best possible use out of your treadmill. These tips are not set in stone as rules, but by following them, you will certainly have a better workout routine and also have a happy treadmill, which will always be in a working condition:
- Wear the right clothing
Workout clothing is designed to allow optimal ventilation to pass through and the better the clothing, the more comfortable you will be working out. Loose clothing might often times get snagged in the treadmills working parts and this can also be very hazardous and even potentially lead to serious injury.
- Wear the correct shoes
The right shoes are always a must when working out and while a bad treadmill could also damage your legs, a decent treadmill will ensure that you do not have those pains. Bad shoes; however, can sometimes lead to serious injury and this will definitely not bode well for you. We recommend the right running or cross fit shoes to give your feet the added cushioning when walking on the treadmill.
- Keep the treadmill maintained
With so much electronics, anything can easily go wrong in the blink of an eye and this could really cost you a fortune. Most treadmills also have service recommendations and it will be wise if you do stick to these schedules. Having the treadmill’s parts changed on time will also ensure that no other part has to work harder and get damaged in the process. The service process can be done by you or you can call in a professional to do the service for you.
These three tips will ensure that your treadmill never buckles and also give you much more use and better longevity. This could potentially save you a few bucks in the long term and also on those expensive parts if something should break. You will also be enjoying the workout much more since it will be painless.
With that being said, here are the top treadmills of 2017:
Best walking treadmills of 2017 reviewed
The Nordictrack T 6.5 S treadmill is a very good budget treadmill to buy for those planning on walking a lot on it at home. The treadmill is powered by a decent 2.6 CHP drive system and this will also allow you to get some decent speeds when walking. The treadmill is also extremely durable and will certainly give you great longevity.
The treadmill also features 20 built-in programs that have all been created by certified personal trainers and will allow you to get results much faster than with the standard boring workout routines. Since incline is such a major part of walking on a treadmill, the NordicTrack T 6.5 S will give you all the power digitally and you will be able to digitally adjust the incline.
This treadmill is also much smaller than most of the more expensive ones and with a 20 x 55-inch tread belt, you will save a lot of space when using it. The treadmill is also compatible with the iFit app and you will be able to easily track all of your stats on your mobile device.
In terms of pricing, this treadmill is great value for money. The assembly is actually really affordable and you will receive a 25-year motor warranty as well as a 1-year service and parts warranty, which will certainly save you a few bucks in the long term. This treadmill is highly recommended and with the good customer support of the company, you will certainly be a happy customer.
- Really affordable
- Great warranty included
- Offers digitalized adjustments
- 20 built-in programs
- Self-assembling is quite tough
ProGear HCXL 4000 Ultimate High Capacity Extra Wide Walking and Jogging Electric Treadmill with Heart Pulse System
The ProGear HCXL 4000 Ultimate High Capacity Extra Wide treadmill is designed to make walking much more comfortable for you and thanks to its wider tread belt, you will certainly be walking much better, with less chance of accidentally stumbling or hitting the sides. The treadmill is also quite short in terms of the design and this is actually a blessing in disguise since you will be able to place it in almost any room with ease.
The treadmill features a 1.5 CHP motor and while this might not be the best on the market, we do like the fact that it is extremely quiet and the running of the entire tread belt is actually quite smooth. The maximum jogging speed on the treadmill is 4 MPH and this should also be enough for those who are more interested in walking.
The treadmill features decent stat tracking and you will be able to carefully monitor all of the stats on the treadmill. You will also be able to see the amount of calories you have burned, but unfortunately, the treadmill does not allow you to store these stats and you will need to manually write them down.
In terms of pricing, the treadmill is actually quite cheap and will certainly be ideal for anyone looking to get started. The maximum weight limit is 4000lbs and this should also be enough far almost any individual to get started. The treadmill also includes a 5-year motor warranty, but the service and maintenance will be your own problem.
- Decent durability
- Easy to set up and get started
- Really small and lightweight
- Really cheap
- Lacks professional programs
- Does not keep the stats memorized
The Exerpeutic TF900 High Capacity Fitness Walking Electric treadmill is another great budget option for those looking to use the treadmill mostly for walking. The treadmill is also quite small and will be easy to move into smaller spaces. We also like the fact that the treadmill does not take up too much space when you have guests coming over.
This treadmill also features a 1.5 CHP motor and will be good enough for you when your main focus is walking. The motor is actually very smooth and does not make a lot of noise, while the top speed for joggers is also around 4 MPH, we believe that this should be enough to get you on the right track in your plan to get fit and lose some weight.
The treadmill also features a decent LCD display to track most of your stats and while it might not be capable of storing them, you will still be able to constantly monitor the results and see how you have done. This treadmill is extremely portable and can also be folded up and packed away. This also ensures that the assembly process is quite basic.
In terms of pricing, the treadmill is actually really affordable and will be a great budget option for those looking to use the treadmill for walking. This treadmill certainly ranks high when searching for the best budget treadmill for walking.
- Decent durability
- Can easily be folded up
- Quiet and smooth motor
- Reasonably priced
- Does not store the stats
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is designed to make life easier for you and to help you get off your ass and start working out. The treadmill is currently also very highly rated as one of the best walking treadmills on the market and it features a very small, but still functional design that will help you to save some space and simultaneously enjoy your workout routine.
The treadmill is quite light on impact and your knees and joints will not take as much pain when compared to some of the other treadmills. Some extra cushioning has been added and this will be really helpful. This treadmill also features 2 incline positions, but you will have to do this manually. This incline will simulate walking up a slope and help you to burn even more calories in a shorter time span.
What sets this budget walking treadmill apart from the others on our list is the fact that it includes 6 personal trainer workout programs. These programs have all been professionally designed and will allow you to get rid of some excess fat in not time. The treadmill can also be folded up and moved if you need to get it out of the way.
The pricing on the treadmill is really decent and we would highly recommend it as the best budget treadmill on the list. Thanks to the portability, you will not need to have a ton of space to buy your next treadmill, just ensure that you do buy the Weslo Cadence G 5.9.
- Good durability
- Includes 6 personal trainer programs
- 2 levels of incline
- Really affordable
- The stat tracking is not as great as you would expect
Last but certainly not least, we have the Nordictrack C 1650 treadmill and this treadmill is a little more expensive and bigger than the other treadmills on our list. The treadmill is extremely durable and is designed to perfection by the NordicTrack Company, who has been known for the quality time and effort they do put into their workout equipment.
The treadmill features 10-inch web enabled touch screen and with it, you will be able to watch your favorite series or even a few motivational videos whilst working out. The treadmill can also be set to a few incline positions and this will make you burn much more calories whilst you are walking on it.
The treadmill also includes 34 professionally designed workout programs that will get you started and also ensure that you never get bored when working out. With a 3.5 CHP drive system, you will certainly be getting decent top speeds when jogging and we believe that this is a great multifunctional treadmill to invest in for all your fitness purposes.
In terms of pricing, the treadmill is relatively expensive and this is due to all of the technological advancements, which have been included. The treadmill also included a 5-year parts warranty as well as an additional 2-year labor warranty, which means that all of the services and maintenance will be free for the first 2 years.
- Decent durability
- High-quality design
- Technologically advanced system
- Includes 34 workout programs
- Very good warranty
- Really expensive
- Hard to self-assemble
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we do hope that you have managed to find the right walking treadmill that meets your needs. When selecting the best walking treadmill, it is always tough, but we have decided to choose the entire NordicTrack brand for our recommendation. They do have great warranties and while they might be expensive, you will get great value for your money.
Please share your thoughts on our selection and let us know in the comment section if we might have missed any of your favorite treadmills.