Treadmills can be extremely versatile pieces of equipment and they can be used for running or walking. Having a good budget walking treadmill will greatly decrease the chances of having hurtful legs or sustaining any possible pain when you are busy training. These treadmills will also be great for running thanks to more emphasis being put on giving you the utmost comfort in your workout routine. Here’s a list of best treadmills for walking which is reviewed in this article:
Key features to consider before buying the best-rated treadmills for walking
With so many different treadmills available on the market, you will need some sort of measuring stick to ensure that treadmill is perfect for your needs. We have selected the top features that we believe are the most important and will help you get the best value for your money when selecting a treadmill.
- Workout space and available area: Buying a treadmill is not as simple as choosing one and hitting the BUY NOW button. It is also about ensuring that the treadmill will fit in your home and to make sure that you do have enough space available in the home to use the treadmill. If you are limited on space, you might also need to consider investing in a folding treadmill or even a desk treadmill. Desk treadmills are perfect to save space and allow you to workout whilst working at home.
- Surface area: Do you generally walk straight and are you comfortable with walking on a narrow area? This question must also be answered and will dictate the size of the surface of the treadmill that you will be walking on. If the surface area is too small, you might constantly bump into the sides and will need to readjust, which could also potentially spoil the entire workout.
- Durability: Durability is always key and the more durable the treadmill, the better it will be and the longer it will last. If you are looking for the best cheap treadmill for walking, this feature might not be as high on the priority list and you should also note that you might need to have the treadmill fixed or serviced much more often.
- Programs: The amount and the quality of the workout programs are also very important and if you do have a good treadmill, you will have multiple programs that you could choose from and keep you from getting bored as easily as the other treadmills with fewer programs. We also recommend that you check the quality of the treadmill as the more advanced they are, the better results you will have.
- Stat tracking: If you plan on using the treadmill to lose weight, stat tracking will be one of the main features that you will be looking for. Many of the top treadmills can actually also connect to apps like iFit and myfitnesspal, which will make life much easier for you when it comes to checking your progress and how many calories you have expended. A decent heart rate monitor is also a must and will allow you to keep the heart within the fat burning zone during your workout session.
- Assembly process: Having a professional come in and assemble the treadmill for you can sometimes be a drag and will also add to the costs of the treadmill. If you do have a treadmill that can be assembled easily by yourself, you will be saving yourself some extra money. This also means that you might be able to service the treadmill as well and save on the long-term costs.
- Warranty: With electronic training machines, a decent warranty is fundamental and will make life so much easier for you. A good warranty will allow you to train with more confidence, knowing that the product is backed by the manufacturer. Some good warranties will also include the services and this will also save you more money in the long term and ensure that the treadmill is always in a good working condition.
These 7 features are what we consider to be the most important of the lot and the more of them you do have on your treadmill, the better the product will be. It is also worth noting that weight limit is important, but most top treadmills are designed to accommodate the average man easily and will not buckle when used. You should also note that the price will go up with every one of these features and if you are not as serious about working out, you might consider cutting on a few.
3 Tips for when using a treadmill for walking
We have decided to share three of our expert tips to help ensure that you do get the best possible use out of your treadmill. These tips are not set in stone as rules, but by following them, you will certainly have a better workout routine and also have a happy treadmill, which will always be in a working condition:
- Wear the right clothing
Workout clothing is designed to allow optimal ventilation to pass through and the better the clothing, the more comfortable you will be working out. Loose clothing might often times get snagged in the treadmills working parts and this can also be very hazardous and even potentially lead to serious injury.
- Wear the correct shoes
The right shoes are always a must when working out and while a bad treadmill could also damage your legs, a decent treadmill will ensure that you do not have those pains. Bad shoes; however, can sometimes lead to serious injury and this will definitely not bode well for you. We recommend the right running or cross fit shoes to give your feet the added cushioning when walking on the treadmill.
- Keep the treadmill maintained
With so much electronics, anything can easily go wrong in the blink of an eye and this could really cost you a fortune. Most treadmills also have service recommendations and it will be wise if you do stick to these schedules. Having the treadmill’s parts changed on time will also ensure that no other part has to work harder and get damaged in the process. The service process can be done by you or you can call in a professional to do the service for you. These three tips will ensure that your treadmill never buckles and also give you much more use and better longevity. This could potentially save you a few bucks in the long term and also on those expensive parts if something should break. You will also be enjoying the workout much more since it will be painless. With that being said, here are the top treadmills of 2017:
Best walking treadmills of 2017 reviewed
- Really affordable
- Great warranty included
- Offers digitalized adjustments
- 20 built-in programs
- Self-assembling is quite tough
ProGear HCXL 4000 Ultimate High Capacity Extra Wide Walking and Jogging Electric Treadmill with Heart Pulse SystemThe ProGear HCXL 4000 Ultimate High Capacity Extra Wide treadmill is designed to make walking much more comfortable for you and thanks to its wider tread belt, you will certainly be walking much better, with less chance of accidentally stumbling or hitting the sides. The treadmill is also quite short in terms of the design and this is actually a blessing in disguise since you will be able to place it in almost any room with ease. The treadmill features a 1.5 CHP motor and while this might not be the best on the market, we do like the fact that it is extremely quiet and the running of the entire tread belt is actually quite smooth. The maximum jogging speed on the treadmill is 4 MPH and this should also be enough for those who are more interested in walking. The treadmill features decent stat tracking and you will be able to carefully monitor all of the stats on the treadmill. You will also be able to see the amount of calories you have burned, but unfortunately, the treadmill does not allow you to store these stats and you will need to manually write them down. In terms of pricing, the treadmill is actually quite cheap and will certainly be ideal for anyone looking to get started. The maximum weight limit is 4000lbs and this should also be enough far almost any individual to get started. The treadmill also includes a 5-year motor warranty, but the service and maintenance will be your own problem. Pros:
- Decent durability
- Easy to set up and get started
- Really small and lightweight
- Really cheap
- Lacks professional programs
- Does not keep the stats memorized
- Decent durability
- Can easily be folded up
- Quiet and smooth motor
- Reasonably priced
- Does not store the stats
- Good durability
- Includes 6 personal trainer programs
- 2 levels of incline
- Really affordable
- The stat tracking is not as great as you would expect
- Decent durability
- High-quality design
- Technologically advanced system
- Includes 34 workout programs
- Very good warranty
- Really expensive
- Hard to self-assemble
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we do hope that you have managed to find the right walking treadmill that meets your needs. When selecting the best walking treadmill, it is always tough, but we have decided to choose the entire NordicTrack brand for our recommendation. They do have great warranties and while they might be expensive, you will get great value for your money. Please share your thoughts on our selection and let us know in the comment section if we might have missed any of your favorite treadmills.