Merit treadmills are also a product of the Johnson Health Company, which is rated as the fourth largest supplier of fitness products in the US. The treadmills are generally cheaper and they do lack some of the technological advancements found in the top range models, but these treadmills will certainly help you to get into shape and lose those extra pounds.
Here’s a list of best Merit treadmills for sale which is reviewed in this article:
|Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill||3.9||$|
|Merit Fitness 715T Plus Treadmill||3.5||$|
We have decided to look a little closer at these treadmills and how they could help you improve your fitness lifestyle and routine. We have done all the leg work to help you see which features you will find in them and which of these treadmills are considered to be the very best of 2017. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the top range treadmills that will give you value for money, we highly recommend these treadmills.
Key features you will come to find in the top Merit Treadmills
Brands generally like to assert themselves into the market with a few unique features to get the fitness enthusiasts going, but since these treadmills are generally much cheaper, the features are quite average and you should not expect to get anything out of the ordinary. Here are a few of the top features that we have found in most Merit Treadmills and how they could potentially benefit you.
- Portability: These treadmills are quite light in terms of weight and they generally fold easily to be placed into storage. The Merit Treadmills are designed for the smaller homes and they will certainly offer some space saving with the design. If you are looking to move the treadmill and only use it occasionally, the Merit treadmill brand is definitely one of the best ones you could choose.
- Motors: They might not have the best motors, but the motors are definitely quiet and will not wake up the entire household. The average motor in the Merit treadmills are 1.25 HP, which means that they might not be best for athletic runners, but will still do the job in terms of walking and help you get rid of excess weight.
- Price: Newer models of this treadmill can be found at less than $500. This means that they should fit the budget of virtually anyone. The treadmills are designed with weaker materials than your top rated treadmills, but it is perfect for entry-level runners and beginners.
- Programs: The Merit treadmills do have a few programs that have been specifically designed to help you achieve your goals. The programs will differ, with the best models having 7 professionally designed programs to get you going. These programs will keep you on your toes, but since they are few, you might eventually become bored of them.
- Customer Service: While this does not directly relate to the treadmill itself, it certainly does play a major role in the repair process and when you have any problems. The Merit Brand has a great support structure and the friendly customer support will definitely help you to figure out what is wrong and how this can be resolved.
- Incline: Merit Treadmills also include the incline feature. This means that you could burn off more calories by walking uphill and ensuring that you do not waste any time walking flat once you get into the fat burning zone. The incline must be changed manually and this could be really disruptive to your workout. We recommend setting up the incline before you start to ensure that you are not disrupted by the need to get off and adjust.
- Weight: The Merit treadmills are actually quite lightweight and they are foldable as we already mentioned. This reduced weight is great for moving it about in the home and the self-assembly process will be much easier as well.
- Warranty: The motor on the 735T includes a lifetime motor warranty, but the other models only include 1 or 2-year warranties. This is unfortunately not the best warranties and you might feel like you cannot trust the brand. However, we have not seen the motors fail too often and these motor are quite durable as well.
These features are quite similar in most treadmills, but Merit does offer them at an extremely affordable price. These features are perfect for beginners and those looking to improve their overall fitness without breaking the back. Merit Treadmills are perfect for saving space and they will work for virtually anyone in the family. We would have liked to see a better console and more programs, but this would have raised the overall cost of the treadmill.
Top Horizon Fitness Treadmills of 2017 Reviewed
Now that you have a better understanding of the key features you need to consider, you might be wondering which of the Merit Treadmills are rated as the best. We have done some searching and through all of the lesser treadmills, we have selected the top Merit Treadmills that you could buy at an affordable price and get the best possible value for your money.
The Merit 715T Plus Treadmill is a great affordable option that you could choose. The treadmill includes a 1,5 CHP motor and will help you generate speeds of up to 10 miles per hour. This might not be much, but it should be ideal for the average jogger. The treadmill is also quite durable and features a maximum weight limit of around 250 pounds.
The 3-window LED display system is one of the most attractive parts of the treadmill and we definitely love the fact that you will be able to see all of the most important stats at the same time. This should serve as great encouragement. The treadmill can easily be folded and stored once you are a done and should help save a ton of space in the home.
One of the downsides is the small workout area and with a size of only 18 by 47-inches, you might be a little squeezed for space. The tread belt also lacks any shock absorbing properties and this will place a lot of strain on your joints and legs. The treadmill includes a manual incline, ranging from 0-5%, but this must be activated manually once you get off the treadmill.
For the price, this treadmill certainly seems like a great bargain and you will have all the basic features needed to ensure you have an improved fitness experience. The frame also includes a lifetime warranty, but the motor is only backed by a 1-year warranty. We would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for an affordable fitness outlet to get started.
- Decent durability
- Foldable and portable
- Really affordable
- Includes incline
- Small tread belt
- Not the best motor warranty
The Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill is a little better and features a 2.25 HP motor that will help you generate speeds of up to 10 miles per hour. The treadmill is much smoother and easier to run on and no problems generally occur with this motor. The control panel is easily accessible when you are on the move and will ensure great adjustability as you go.
The console and display have been perfectly designed to help you see all the stats. The 2-window design is great for letting you see all the stats simultaneously and help encourage you to press forward and get better results. The frame is made from durable steel materials, which is quite durable as well and the treadmill can reach top speeds with individuals of up to 250 pounds.
This treadmill also lacks in terms of the tread belt and the tread belt is quite small at only 18 by 45-inches. This might not be the easiest way for larger individuals to go about working out, but it will be ideal for the smaller ones. This smaller design offers great portability and it can easily be stored almost anywhere in the home.
This treadmill is really affordable and while it might still have a few flaws, it will definitely be perfect for your home if you are a beginner. We would highly recommend the treadmill for anyone starting out or looking to save some money on his or her first treadmill. The frame also includes a lifetime warranty, but the motor will only be covered for 2-years. You will also need to pay for the services as labor is only included for the first 90 days.
- Decent durability
- Portable and foldable
- Really well priced
- Lifetime frame warranty
- Small tread belt
- Motor is only covered for 2 years
Merit might not be the best brand on the market, but these 2 treadmills will definitely offer you a great entry-level experience. The Merit brand great with customers, but they might lack some quality and the lack of electronic features is something we would have loved to see. We would certainly stand by recommending these treadmills to any beginners.
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we certainly do hope that you have found the ideal treadmill that matches your needs. Please let us know in the comment section what your experience with merit treadmills are and if we have missed any of your favorites.